Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Review: Goddess of Legend (Goddess Summoning #7) by P. C. Cast

Title: Goddess of Legend (Goddess Summoning #7)
Author: P. C. Cast
Published: 7 December 2010
Publisher: Hachette AU
Source: Dymocks
Reviewed: Sapphired Dragon
Rating: *** 1/2

 My Review:

I read the first 6 books of this series about 3 or 4 years ago and I remember really enjoying it. So I was really excited to read this, the seventh and last book in the series. I think though , I may have been remembering them better than they were because whilst I did still enjoy it, it wasn't quite as good as I was hoping.

The story flows well from beginning to end and I breezed through it pretty quickly and there is a lot of humour in this book, particularly in the dialogue and I found myself laughing out loud at times and there may have been a snort of laughter or 2 (though I am not admitting anything. I did find that some of jokes were a little bit on the repetitive side so while it was funny the first couple of times, it was used a little too much so instead just got annoying. Others were pretty much funny every time. Pickles anyone?

 I mostly liked the main character Isabel but at times I struggled with the way Arthur and Guinevere were depicted, especially Guinevere. At times, her actions, which I think were supposed to mark her as very young just made her character look somewhat inconsistent and at times confusing.

I think as well because there have been a lot of stories about the Arthur legend, including time traveller stories such as a Yankee in King Arthur's court by Mark Twain, the stick with which I was measuring the story was a little higher so the story was relatively fun and simple, I think certain elements of the story such as Mordred were over simplified to make the story work.

Overall, it mostly gave me the warm and fuzzy feelings I had been hoping for and expecting from it though I wasn't as satisfied with the ending as I wanted to be. So for these reasons I give this story 3 1/2 stars

Sapphired Dragon xx


About The Book


Goddess of Legend (Goddess Summoning #7) by P. C. Cast



The new Goddess Summoning novel from the author of the multimillion- selling House of Night phenomenon. 

After her car plummets off a bridge, Isabel, a world-weary photojournalist, struggles between life and death when she's saved by the Water Goddess-with one tiny caveat: Isabel must travel to another time to seduce the legendary Lancelot du Lac away from Queen Guinevere. 

The handsome knight is a dream for any woman in any century. But Isabel is the one who's seduced by King Arthur. For Isabel, a deal is a deal. Now, the King watches as fate takes from him the mysterious beauty he has come to worship, knowing all too well that any interference on his part could destroy the kingdom he loves.


0 comments:

Post a Comment